chez Agnès
breaking inertia baby baby baby
Saturday, August 01, 2009

finally got my butt down to packing my room. everything's been piling up since i started working. and after i couldn't walk around my space without stepping on something, i realised it was high time i did something about it.

20 hours later on a sunday afternoon, i'm here covered in dust and am the proud owner of a heat rash moustache..wish me luck!

*update*
it's 2.30am and the weekend's officially over..my place is now dust-free and squeaky clean but i'm oh so not proud of my packing. spent the last few hours after midnight just tossing everything under my bed again. well at least now i've got free walking space..grumbless so tired and hungry. my mum bought awesome food for tmr's breakfast. and i just remembered that i've a talk tmr at work and that breakfast is provided. so that's putting me in a bad mood.

****

at the narita airport en route to shanghai



we were waiting for ages to alight the plane at shanghai when these masked and suited health officials came onto the plane to take our temperatures with some laser-beam thingy. had to close our eyes when they were taking the temperatures. so exciting! haha...i overheard the japanese woman in front of me pointing at them and exclaiming, 'as-tro-naut-toh!!'


the glum and cold japanese man who sat to my left got excited as well and whipped out his mobile phone to capture a picture of them. actually everyone in the plane was doing the same.


and we reached our hotel which didn't look to shabby at all!


we reached shanghai in the evening, so we decided to head out for dinner. i brought the family to a place carmen recommended - QuanJuDe, which sold peking duck.


we ordered some staples. noodles were damm oily....


so were the vegetables, oh look how they're glistening with oil...


and there's our duck. was good stuff the crispy skin, we had the meat cooked with soup later on. good stuff as well!


thing is everyone around us were smoking, and my family weren't happy with that. the food took some time to come as well..so i felt quite bad bout bringing them there. didn't really enjoy the food coz i was feeling glum that they weren't happy there. but there's nothing shopping wouldn't resolve. found H&M down the street from where the restaurant was, and after some retail therapy, i had a smile plastered on my face again.