chez Agnès
Bangkok Chinatown
Sunday, July 15, 2012

Chinatowns, you find one of them in different cities all over the world. I've been to the ones in New York, Yokohama, Sidney, San Francisco. My mum makes it a point to visit the chinatowns of the different places, and I'm amazed at how Chinese all over the world manage to make a part of the city they settle in look so similar.


G"s mum got us to buy some salted fish, however as we only started walking the streets of Chinatown after 6pm, most of the stalls were about to close and we didn't get too many enthusiastic store keepers tending to our enquiries. Most of them spoke only Thai and Chinese only.




Roasted pork with all that crispy skin! And kway chap! As much as both G and I love both of these, we were way too stuffed!


Not too stuffed for durians though, OR as i'd like to call them turians, Thai durians! The guy getting us a good price for them!


Because all the stores were all closing their shutters, we decided to head on to Thong Lor. Took the train there and spotted was their priority seat sign. Priority to the monks!


Thong Lor 8 is one place you need to hit when you're in Bangkok, I love all of the shops there. Discovered this place a year ago when I was in Bangkok for a conference.


One thing about G and I is that we kinda found a middle ground when it comes to shopping. He doesn't understand how I can spend so much time, AND money, on blog shopping. I on the other hand just get a splitting headache once I step into Sim Lim. Somehow, both of us really love shopping for homeware, furniture and groceries! Strange, but true.