chez Agnès
Turn down service at Banyan
Monday, July 16, 2012

One thing strange I found out bout some hotels in Bangkok is that they station chambermaids on every floor of the hotel, and these chambermaids enter your room multiple times throughout the day. I discovered this last year when I was in Bangkok on conference. Went to my room to grab my jacket, came back an hour later and found that they have straightened my tousled closet. And replaced fruit from the fruit basket.

G and I came back from the humid streets of Chinatown, and it was such a welcome to find freshly lit sandalwood incense on the burner. And a little gift by our pillows.


It's actually a jasmine scent basket to hang by your bedside to let you sleep better.


Guess we really needed all the aromatherapy as we were going to indulge in some fruits of the strong smelling variety. Turians! They were surprisingly not very pungent, yet creamy and sweet. Personally I prefer the bitter variant. But I'll happily accept durian of any kind.


Durian admidst fine cutlery and champagne glasses, doesn't get better than this!


Aftermath of the turian, gdnight folks!